Monday, June 23, 2008

Kaw-Cajun Giardineria

Made this coonass giardineria a couple weeks ago ~ thinkin' it might be a good accoutrement for dat fried catfish poboy I'm having fer supper tonight, ain? Whooooboy, got mah black iron skillet good'n greasy ~ allons!!
~~**~~**~~
Merrilee Rush ~ Angel Of The Morning
Ain't it funny how a song can take you back to a specific place and time? I've always loved this song ... it takes me back to the summer of '67 ... I was just a 16 yr old kid on the custom wheat harvest ... sitting in a bar called Don's Idle Hour in Minot, North Dakota on a rainy day, drinking Grain Belt beer & stuffing quarters into the jukebox listening to this song over and over again.
~~**~~**~~
Mais, I decided to make some baked beans to go wit dat fried catfish ... took a tip from mah frien Rick Salmon, and added some diced celery to these baked beans ... along wit some Vidalia onions, green peppers, bacon, brown sugar, molasses, some mah homemade chipotles in adobo sauce, lil' bbq sauce & I don't know whut all. They sure is smellin' up the house good, tru dat.

No comments: