Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Morning Gospel Hour

~~~**~~~**~~~
Peasall Sisters ~ Where No One Stands Alone
~~~**~~~**~~~

The Sunday Soup Pot - Beef/Barley/Vegetable

Mais, I been neglectin' my veggies of late on account I don't particularly like MUSHY veggies in my oatmeal ~ kwim? ~ so I hauled off and made some hearty homemade beef/barley/veggie soup ~ kicked up a few notches, Kaw-Cajun style. Had'ta cut everything real small & cook the bejesus out of everything, but it is mighty tasty ... good vittles on a cold rainy day ~ beef/marrow bone, barley, taters, onions, broccoli, carrots, swiss chard, turnip greens, brussel sprouts, homegrown tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh garlic, beef stock, worchestershire, cajun power garlic sauce, splash or three of tabasco, bay leaves, celery leaves, thyme, salt/pepper....whooooboy, din't even need to git the wonderful soup stone out for this one, ah garrontee!

No comments: