Saturday, January 3, 2009

Here Lived A Wise And Moral Man...

This is the mailbox my dad built ... at the end of our lane, on the old home place where I grew up. The lane was about 200 yards long ~ doesn't seem all that long now, but as a lil' peeshwank it sure seemed like a long ways to run on a cold dark winter morning, when the school bus was sitting out there by this mailbox waiting on us. My sisters and I used to throw rocks at the mailbox, while we were waiting for the school bus ... we got *extra points* for hitting the red flag!! Daddy woulda tanned our hides if he knew we was doing that. LOL These pics were taken by me, circa 1982

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Chez. Thanks for sharing them.

ƒ2ß

Chez said...

thanks mike ~ gonna start blogging some family stuff every weekend - got lots of family following the blog now.