Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Five And A Half Hours In


Just took the turkey off the smoker @ the 5 1/2 hour mark ~ breast temp reading 168* ... dat's close enough fer gubmint work. Also took this fattie off ... it took about 90 minutes to cook ~ temp was about 150* ~ ran a lil' quality control on dat fattie fer lunch, schmeared wit a lil' creole mustard. It didn't suck. Only thing left in the smoker now is the 2 butts ... they gonna need another 5-6 hours. Time for me to go take a nap. God Bless America.

8 comments:

~Mooney said...

Damn John, you are making me jealous! I have yet to fire the WSM this year, mostly due to my crazy company. Planning on a good cook this weekend though. Will just have to BBQ vicariously through you till then!

Rawtalent said...

You damn sure know how to make up for eatin' a salad yesterday!

Chez said...

dang, you boys need to buck up & fire up yer smokers ~ time's a'wasting!!!!!!!!!

~Mooney said...

Damn right. went out at lunch today and grabbed a whole chicken, an 8 pound put, and pack of potato cheese sausage. Gonna play hookie from work tomorrow, and fire it up!

John said...

Well Chez, ya got me motivated. Got a 12lb brisket and a fatty in the pit right now.

Chez said...

well aw'rite ... my work here is done. call me when supper's ready, ya'heah?

~Mooney said...

Done ordered me some Dizzy Pig rubs too today. Normally make my own, but you seem to like them DP rubs, so thats good enough for me. Got a swamp venom, a regular, the Caribbean one, and some with that coffee in it.

Chez said...

i really like the dizzy pig rubs - high quality rubs made in small batches to assure freshness, and they're unique. i like the one with coffee in it (redeye express) on beef.