Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cornbread & Butterbeans

Hot out the oven ~ skillet cornbread, baked in the ol' black iron schmeared wit bacon grease.

Let's eat!! (BTW, dat dark stain in the middle the cornbread is where the bacon grease pooled & baked into the bread. I think I'll cut dat part out and eat it for dessert!!)

Sunday vittles ~ butterbeans & hambone done, will bake some skillet cornbread at halftime of the Chiefies game. Hot cornbread wit a schmear of sweet butter & drizzled wit a lil' dat good Steen's molasses ... sided up wit a big ol' bowl of butterbeans & ham ... whooooboy, country boys can survive!! Go Chiefies!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was such a nice weekend that I seasoned up 3 cast iron skillets and my 14 inch deep duth oven. Had cornbread on my mind when doin those skillets.

Hope mine turns out as good as yours.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chez said...

kenny, my old griswold black iron skillet is over 100 years old - got a sheen on it you wouldn't bleeve. it gonna be a while before them new skillets of yours will cook like mine ~ git back to me in about a hunnerd years or so. (g)

Anonymous said...

I will get back with ya, but you have to answer back. double grin