Sunday, November 8, 2009

Vintage Postcards

OK, so I've got this big trunk in the closet (WWII army issue) with lots of old family memorabilia in it. I've had the trunk for 20 years, and have looked thru it before but never really got to the bottom of it. The other day I got to the bottom of it, and found this cool old book completely full of vintage post cards. Most of the cards are post marked (when's the last time you saw a penny stamp?) dating back to the very early 1900s ... the majority of them between the years 1903 and 1907.

Uncle "Rub" was one of my great uncles

This particular one is addressed to my paternal grandma, whose maiden name was Grover ~ she would have been a young girl when she received this post card in 1907. Beautiful penmanship, no?

3 comments:

Anita said...

My sister collects old postcards. She would love that book you found.

Chez said...

i dunno a damn thing about vintage postcards, $400P ... but i'm gonna learn. gonna be a good winter project. kinda cool, these postcards been tucked away in this book virtually untouched for over 100 years. there's over 100 cards in dat book.

Anita said...

That's awesome that you found that. What a treasure! My sister buys books like that filled with post cards when we go antiquing. The last one she bought was filled with Valentines. I hope you post more of them.