Friday, May 28, 2010

Pea Pickin' Time At Perrydize

My friend, Robin (aka Lil' Missy) is an amazing gardener ~ this is an early morning shot of a row of peas ready for pickin' this weekend. Every year she grows a bounty of veggies, ranging from potatoes, peppers, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, green beans, herbs, etc. When I was a kid growing up on the farm, my folks always had a big garden ... so I love seeing these garden skills still being practiced. Homegrown veggies are a beautiful thing, yeh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you think the the "Old Pea Picker" Ernie Ford, if he was still around, could find some enjoyment looking at that photo?

If that is representative of the size of garden that she has, incredible!

I think I see creamed peas and new potatoes on the Kaw-Cajun menu.

Len