Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Prime Rib Lager Slather

OK, here are the players for that slather I made to rub on a prime rib roast, prior to seasoning it. I don't drink anymore, and a buddy left a couple bottles of Sam Adams Boston Lager in my fridge, so I figured I'd get rid of them by cooking with them. I boiled the first bottle of lager down to about 2 oz of thick lager syrup, then added equal amount of Cajun Power Worchestershire, a snort of morel oil and cracked black. Used half of it for a slather to hold the seasonings on the roast ... and used the other half of it to baste the roast a couple times during roasting. Additionally, I used the second bottle of Sam Adams in the bottom of the roasting pan (rib roast on a rack over the lager) and that also reduced down by about half during the roasting ... but it also kept all the pan drippings from evaporating ... resulting in a killer *lager au jus*

No comments: